Swimming pools often get cloudy water which has been caused by dirt or other matter being suspended in the pool water.
When this happens there is a necessity to floc the pool using a flocculent which will clump together the floating matter and drop it to the bottom of the pool where it can be easily removed by vacuuming it to waste.
The most critical factor in this procedure is making sure that the pH is at the correct level. It should be around 7.8 or higher and must be adjusted to this figure prior to adding the flocculent.
If there are large quantities of soil and mud in the water, the floccing procedure may have to be repeated several times.
HOW TO TREAT YOUR DIRTY POOL
This treatment program is based on a 50,000 litre pool.
- Turn the multi-port valve handle to RE–CIRCULATE then turn system ON and leave running whilst following steps 2 to 6.
- Ensure the water level in the pool is as HIGH AS POSSIBLE. If necessary, increase the water level by placing the running hose in the skimmer box.
- Rake out ALL DEBRIS from pool. Thoroughly brush the POOL WALLS and FLOOR prior to floccing.
- Super-chlorinate the water by adding
o 20 – 40 litres LIQUID CHLORINE – OR o 2 – 4 kg of STABILISED POOL CHLORINE.
- Increase pH level by adding o 4kg of pH BUFFER OR o 2 kg of SODA ASH.
- Add 1 litre MAXIFLOC PLUS
PLEASE NOTE: THE CHEMICAL NEEDS TO BE SPREAD OVER THE ENTIRE POOL WATER SURFACE. TO GET THE BEST RESULTS USE A WATERING CAN.
- Set up manual vacuum equipment (vacuum head & hose) This is in PREPARATION for VACUUMING pool TO WASTE.
- Turn the system OFF for 24 – 48 hours. After this time the water should be clear and the sediment visible on the pool floor.
- Turn the multi-port valve handle to WASTE. PLEASE NOTE: IF THERE IS A TWO-WAY VALVE ON THE WASTE LINE, THIS NEEDS TO BE OPENED NOW.
- Turn system ON and MANUALLY vacuum the pool. It is important to vacuum the pool SLOWLY so as NOT TO DISTURB the sediment. Regularly CLEAR THE SKIMMER BASKET whilst vacuuming.
- Once most of the sediment has been removed, TOP UP the water level. Turn the multi-port valve handle to FILTER RUN SYSTEM for 24 hours. Pool may require another vacuum to waste.
- Once the water is clear and the residue removed, the water needs to be tested re-balanced.