POOL OWNER GUIDE FOR REGULAR MAINTENANCE
- Check both the pump and skimmer basket
- 2-3 times a week and clean if necessary.
- Brush the pool walls, floor
- Especially the pool steps to remove any build-up of dirt.
- Rake the water surface to remove any floating debris.
- Vacuum the pool floor to remove debris.
- THIS IS NOT REQUIRED IF YOU HAVE AN AUTOMATIC POOL CLEANER.
- If manually feeding CHLORINE
- Add CHLORINE daily in summer
- Superchlorinate once a week.
- Add CHLORINE only once a week in winter – IF POOL HAS BEEN WINTERISED
Adding chlorine manually is NOT REQUIRED if your pool automatically chlorinated.
- Take a water sample down to YOUR LOCAL POOL PROFESSIONAL
- Every few weeks regularly
- On any occasion you are concerned about the condition of your pool water.
- Clean salt water chlorinator monthly if required
- Every 6 months if it is a self cleaning unit.
- Clean the filter depending on the type of filter that your pool has.
- CARTRIDGE FILTER: clean cartridge at least once a month.
- E. FILTER: backwash monthly.
- Every 3 months, strip filter and clean.
- SAND FILTER: check pressure gauge
- Only backwash if required (50kpa above normal clean filter pressure).