FIX-A-LEAK is a blended concentrated material designed to seal leaks in virtually any material, ideal for use in swimming pools, spas and hot tubs.
- Can be applied for leaks in the shell and works equally well in plumbing
- Will seal holes 1/8″ in diameter
- Will form a permanent seal
- Use 1 quart per pool up to 22,000 gallons.
- Do not use in excess of 1 quart per 5,000 gallons of water.
- Shake Well Before Using*
- Bypass FILTER MEDIA before adding FIX-A-LEAK to water. Sand filters: set filter valve to recirculate. Other types: remove cartridges DE elements from filter tank. Then proceed to circulate through empty tank
- With pump running, add FIX-A-LEAK slowly through skimmer or in front of any other suction intake.
After adding FIX-A-LEAK adjust suction to main drain. If this is not possible, the vacuum cleaner could be used alternatively, simply by placing the vacuum in deepest part of pool and connect to normal vacuum connection.
FIX-A-LEAK is very heavy and will sink to the lowest point rather quickly. It must be stirred back into suspension, either manually using a pool broom or mechnically with a automated pool cleaner every 4-6 hrs. during circulation of water.
Continue to recirculate water until the leak has stopped.
Mark level of water in pool and check for 2-3 days to determine if the leak has stopped.
After the leak has stopped and given the proper time to cure (24-48 hrs.) you may return to normal filtration. Sand Filters: Set filter valve to filter and resume normal operation. Backwash out unused FIX-A-LEAK as required.
Other Types: Reinstall filter into tank and resume operation. Rinse out unsed FIX-A-LEAK from filter as required.
*NOTE* Never let cartridges of DE elements be left to dry before they are cleaned.